Eye Care Center Colorado Springs CO
Infocus Eye Care is a top-rated sophisticated eye care center in Colorado Springs, CO, with the best team of doctors and nurses. We offer the best treatment for conjunctivitis, diabetic eye disease, Glaucoma, and macular degeneration. We also help patients overcome vision problems with the best quality lenses and contacts.
Different types of eye exams
A routine exam is imperative to keep your eyes in good health and to minimize your risk for future eye diseases and conditions. Your doctor may perform the following eye tests during a routine eye checkup:
- Eye muscle test – During this test, your doctor will watch your eye movements to evaluate the health of the eye muscles. He may ask you to follow a moving pen with your eyes to evaluate the muscles for any weakness and coordination issues.
- Visual acuity test – This test helps evaluate how well you can see. For this, you will sit in front of a white digital board, and your doctor might ask you to identify the alphabets and numbers on the board placed at a distance.
- Refraction assessment – For this test, your doctor may use a digital refractor to diagnose your refractive errors. Based on the results, he may prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses to help you see without any challenges.
If you have refractive errors, your doctor may use a device called a phoropter to prescribe lenses to improve your quality of vision. Besides, you may also undergo visual field test, color vision testing, slit-lamp examination, and retinal exam during your routine eye checkup
Causes and symptoms of eyestrain
Eyestrain occurs as a result of too much stress on the eyes such as driving long distances, working on a computer screen for long, spending too much time in front of digital devices, etc. While it isn’t a concerning condition and generally goes away with proper sleep, it can sometimes be a warning sign for underlying eye disease. Some of the common symptoms of eyestrain include:
- Tired and itchy eyes
- Dry eyes
- Blurred vision
- Watery eyes
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, or back
- Double vision and increased sensitivity to light
Some individuals also face difficulty in concentrating and find it challenging to keep their eyes open. At our advanced eye care center in Colorado Springs, CO, we offer the best treatment for eye strain, infections, refractive errors, and other eye-related complaints.
How much is an eye exam without insurance?
If you do not own insurance, expect to pay anywhere from $100 – $200 for a routine eye exam and $40 – $60 for refractive vision tests. The cost you pay for your eye exam may differ based on where you live, the type of eye doctor you visit, the eye tests you undergo, etc.
Get in touch with Infocus Eye Care today to book an appointment with one of our optometrists. We collaborate with some of the leading brands and bring to our customers the most exclusive and chic eyewear collection. Call or visit our high-end eye care center in Colorado Springs, CO, today.